Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

American Idol And Dancing With The Stars: Among Reality TV Winners Of People’s Choice Awards


January 9, 2009 12:00:45

carrie-underwood-new-song

The annual award shows have begun and this week, the People’s Choice Awards celebrated its 35th anniversarywith a strong representation from reality TV. Not only were American Idol alumi chosen by the public, but Dancing with the Stars and Deal or No Deal also took home awards this year.

American Idol’s Carrie Underwood took home three awards for favorite female singer, favorite country song Last name and favorite star under 35.

“God has blessed me with a wonderful life and a wonderful career and the most amazing fans I could ever dream for,” Carrie Underwood said from the podium. “People being fans and people voting for me are what gave me a career in the first place, and its so amazing that they continue to support [me].”

American Idol season six winner, Jordin Sparks’ collaboration with Chris Brown No Air, won in the favorite combined forces category.

“I actually think this is the first award show I’ve been at where they’ve actually aired my award, so I’m very excited about that,” Jordin Sparks said excitedly during her acceptance speech before thanking the fans for their support. “I feel like I’m on Idol again, so thank you.”

And last but not least of the American Idol winners, Secret Life of Bees, which featured Jennifer Hudson in a supporting role, won favorite independent movie.

ABC’s Dancing with the Stars took home the award for favorite competition/reality show for the second year in a row and Dancing with the Stars host Tom Bergeron, co-host Samantha Harris, judge Carrie Ann Inaba and this season’s winner Brooke Booke, took the stage to accept the award.

Read More:American Idol And Dancing With The Stars: Among Reality TV Winners Of People’s Choice Awards

Share/Bookmark
Free Images Hollywood Images Fun Stock Images Bollywood Images shaadi

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP